Alvin Tee is the Group Managing Partner of UHY in Malaysia. Alvin has 33 years of professional audit, assurance, corporate finance, and insolvency experience, which includes 5 years as a bank examiner with the Central Bank of Malaysia, inspecting financial institutions under the purview of the Central Bank and administer assessments on the soundness and solvency of such financial institutions. Alvin subsequently moved on to Public Practice and was Partner of Morison AAC & Co. for 14 years.
In 2015, he was conferred the Order of Meritorious Service (Panglima Jasa Negara) by the King of Malaysia, that carries the title of ‘Datuk’ in recognition of his contribution to the nation and accounting fraternity.
- UHY, Malaysia, 2008
- Leads the assurance, advisory and insolvency practices of the Kuala Lumpur (KL) office. Advisory services in the KL office include major client engagements that involve mergers and acquisitions, public listing on the Securities Exchange and corporate exercises.
- Professional assignments that are personally led by Alvin include bank appointed Receiver & Manager (R&M) assignments, debt restructuring of distressed companies, and forensic audits.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS (ACTIVE AND/OR PRIOR)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Member of ICAEW Business and Finance Professional (BFP)
- Fellow Member of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM)
- Member of the Institute of Cooperative & Management Accountants
- Associate Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM)
- BFP, ACA of ICAEW (2021)
- CPA of CPA Australia (2012)
- CTP of CTIM (1997)
- CPA of MICPA (1993)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) University of Malaya (1989)
current and former civic memberships include
- Chairman of Malaysia China Visa and Business Advisory Committee under Malaysia China Business Council
- Director of Malaysia China Business Council
- Vice President in the Council of Federal Datuks Malaysia
- Executive Vice President of Malaysia-Guangdong Chamber of Investment Promotion
- Member of Tsinghua University Alumni, Malaysia Chapter
- Member of Lion Club International
Selected speaking engagements
- “Coaching and Mentoring” in 2016 at the UHY Managing Partners’ Forum
- “Corporate Tax Strategies Optimising Budget 2021” in 2021 during Tax Wise with UHY Webinar Series in Malaysia
- Initiated and hosted the ASEAN-Greater China Manager’s Retreat programme in the ASEAN subgroup that toured the region, from Zhuhai (China), Bangkok (Thailand) to Singapore, went on for 3 consecutive years since 2016.
- Hosted the UHY Board and Member Firms in Kuala Lumpur for the regional meetings in 2010 and 2018.
Qi-Gong, Taichi, Golf