STAAR Surgical is a leading eye implants manufacturer for refractive and cataract correction, with headquarters in Monrovia, California, the US and international offices in Nidau, Switzerland, and Tokyo, Japan. UHY Fay & Co, Spain, provides STAAR Surgical with tax and legal services, including incorporating a new branch of the multinational in Spain, obtaining the legal licence to practice in the country, tax compliance for the group’s activity, and preparing its transfer pricing manual to comply with Spanish legislation affecting related party transactions.
- No inheritance tax in emerging economies such as China, India and Russia
- Major economies under pressure to abolish unfair ‘death tax’
- Emerging economies resist introducing IHT in order to attract investment
• Yet almost no difference between lower income tax payers in G7 and BRIC countries
• Russia has lowest rate for top earners