- Carbon trading: the new investor opportunity
- SOX made simpler: adopting best practices to reduce risks and costs
- Tentacles of new US fraud law likely to reach far and wide
- Fair value accounting: is it fair?
- Gateway to the Middle East
Issue 16 January 2008
Successful organisations prioritise effective internal communications as much as the interactions they have with customers and clients. Without that focus, companies can struggle to innovate, collaborate and grow. How do you run a successful business when one department doesn’t know what another is thinking or planning to do?
Teamwork and collaboration are essential to the smooth running of organisations. That may be stating the obvious, but it is remarkable how many businesses lose the collaboration instinct over time.
Purposeful businesses make money from solving problems and never from creating them. They identify a challenge and focus their efforts on doing something to help customers overcome it. They work to minimise any negative impact those efforts may have on wider society and the planet.