Dennis Petri is a partner in UHY LLP and a managing director of UHY Advisors MI, Inc.
Among his leadership roles of the firm's national tax department and international tax group, Dennis also serves as international liaison partner.
A licensed CPA in the state of Michigan and Florida, Dennis has more than 34 years of experience as a trusted advisor, advising public and privately owned companies, specialising in creating innovative tax strategies to help companies increase profits, preserve wealth and achieve short and long term goals. He joined the UHY International Board of directors in December 2014.
- Manages a group of professionals focussed on providing comprehensive tax and business consulting services to middle market clients
- Assist US companies establish structured operations in foreign countries
- Assist foreign companies establish structured operations in the US
- Provides due diligence and strategic consulting on issues involving mergers and acquisitions.
- Industry expertise in manufacturing, distribution and professional services
- Licensed CPA in the states of Michigan and Florida
- Joined the firm in 1983
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Aquinas College
- M.S. in Taxation, Walsh College
Professional Memberships (Active and/or prior)
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Selected speaking engagements
- Host and co-chairperson, UHY LLP International Roundtable Breakfast Series
- “International Tax Update”, UHY Advisors Annual Tax Forum
- Climbing the BRIC Wall, UHY LLP International Roundtable
- Doing Business in Canada, UHY LLP International Roundtable
- “Double Taxation Treaties”, UHY Annual Meeting in Madrid, Spain
- “Creative Ways to Retain Staff”, UHY Managing Partners Forum, Dubai UAE
- “Setting Up Operations in The Americas”, UHY Americas Meeting