Rick is the Chief Operating Officer of UHY Advisors, Inc., our US member firm. As COO, he directs a broad range of firm-wide programs and initiatives driven towards optimizing client service and identifying client expansion opportunities. He maintains oversight responsibility for Human Resource, IT, Marketing and Finance support functions, working with fellow members of the firm’s leadership team to share solutions and optimize the strategic impact of each area of operations.
He is also responsible for the development and execution of the firm's overall strategic goals, objectives and business plans including firm merger and acquisition activities.
A licensed CPA in the State of Michigan, Rick has more than 40 years of experience with professional services firms where he has developed and managed practices, as well as served clients ranging from entrepreneurial enterprises to global corporations. In addition, he is a member of the national Management Committee of UHY Advisors, Inc.
Rick joined the UHY Board of Directors in October 2012.
- 30 years in the audit practice of a Big 4 CPA firm
- Managed significant client relationships, increased revenue streams and enhanced practice development activities
- Developed International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) training programs
- Chief Financial Officer for a large regional multi-state law firm, responsible for financial reporting and compliance activities
- Highly regarded advisor in mergers and acquisitions activities
- Frequent speaker on a range of topics including corporate ethics, risk management and careers in the accounting profession.
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant
- CGMA – Certified Global Management Accountant
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Professional services management
- Marketing and strategic planning
- Risk Management
ACTIVE AND PRIOR PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- Board of Directors, Michigan Accountancy Foundation
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), member of President’s Council
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member designate AICPA Council
- Former Member, Michigan State Board of Accountancy
- Former Member of AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee
- Former Member, Board of Directors MICPA
- Former Chair - MICPA Task Force
- Former Committee Member - National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
ACTIVE AND PRIOR CIVIC MEMBERSHIPS
- Booster Club Officer, Cranbrook Schools
- Officer, Founders Junior Council, Detroit Institute of Arts
- Michigan Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors
- World Cup 1984 Advisory Board
- American Arab Professional of the Year in Finance – 2013
- Recognized as one of the “90 for the 90’s” business leaders by Crain’s Detroit Business
- Lecturer to graduate accounting classes
- Listed in Crain’s “Who’s Who in Detroit Business” as leading accountant
- B.B.A. in Accounting, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Partner Development Program, Harvard University