Bernard Fay is chairman of UHY International.
Bernard is one of the managing partners of UHY Fay & Co, UHY’s Spanish member firm and one of the top 20 leading firms in Spain. A member of the Board of Directors of UHY since 1998, Bernard has been at the forefront of the expansion of the network in Latin America for many years and more recently in the Middle East.
Bernard is also the driver and creator of the UHY Forum, a key leadership training program of the network held annually in Spain for the past 18 years. The Forum has seen more than 500 UHY high-fliers develop their skills in management, negotiation and leadership.
At UHY Fay & Co, he has developed and leads the area of the firm which provides professional services to clients in support of their international expansion. This has enabled him to create multicultural and multilingual teams partnering with other UHY member firms across many of the countries where UHY has a presence
Bernard is a qualified Certified Public Accountant and a Registered Auditor in Spain with more than 30 years’ experience, acting as trusted advisor and auditor for many large Spanish and international companies.
Born in Barcelona to a Spanish mother and English father, Bernard has lived in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, England and Spain. He is tri-lingual in English, Spanish and French. He is a black belt 2nd Dan in Karate and a keen skier. Married with two children, his family is his greatest passion.
Bernard’s Professional experience
- UHY Fay & Co, co-founder and co-managing partner
- Audit and accountancy, litigation support, and international tax
- Mergers, acquisitions and transactions services
- Acting on behalf of clients in negotiations to settle complex disputes
- Advising foreign companies investing in Spain
- Advising clients internationally
- CPA (Spain)
- Registered auditor in Spain
- Registered insolvency practitioner in Spain
- Masters degree in audit and accountancy by the Pontifical University of Salamanca in Madrid
- Diploma in management by the International Institute of San Telmo Business School Seville - Spain
- Diploma in management of leading enterprises IIST Business School Seville and Malaga - Spain
Professional Memberships include
- Member of the Board of Directors of UHY
- Member of the Spanish Institute of Public Accountants (ICJCE)
- Spanish Register of Auditors of the of the Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Vice-president of the Faculty of Family Owned Business of Instituto Internacional San Telmo Business School
- Founding member and former secretary of the Andalusian Association of Family Owned Business (AAEF)
Current and former civic memberships include
- Hon. auditor of charitable foundations
Selected speaking engagements
- SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency) in London in a seminar about Property Ownership in Spain
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce in London in a conference on investment in Spain
- IIST Business School in sessions on family business
- Barclays Bank training seminars for Premier Banking managers in Spain on international taxation
- UHY meetings worldwide on professional topics, marketing and business development
- UHY Forum training seminars for managers and junior partners of UHY member firms
- Driver of the Spanish lobby to improve the taxation on foreign investment in Spain
- Writer of articles in newspaper and magazines on professional topics
- Coordinator of book on transfer pricing in Spain
- Frequent speaker at business conferences